The project titled Revitalisation of Infrastructure of Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź – Gdańska 43 seeks to resolve the problem of particularly poor technical shape of the building on the verge of collapse and improve the sub-standard space which inhibits the development of activities and restricts the offer of ms¹ housed in Więckowskiego 36; another objective is to eliminate the lack of rooms for educational activities and for events accompanying the exhibitions, which has lead to big discrepancy in the numbers of visitors to two locations of the Muzeum - ms¹ and ms2 – in favour of the latter. Within this investment project, which started practically already in March 2017, buildings B and C - forming part of the main location of the museum – will be rebuilt and a new structure will be added atop. The investment will ensure safe and proper functioning of specialist library holding unique collection, which – for reasons pertaining to safety – had to be moved to other facilities owned by the Muzeum. For the time being, in the msl building disabled people cannot benefit from what the institution offers to the public due to architectural and heritage conservation-related barriers, which could not have been eliminated when building A (Maurycy Poznański’s Palace housing exhibition rooms) was regenerated. There are passerelles planned to be built to connect buildings B and C with building A and lifts to be installed to facilitate the disabled actively benefiting from the museum’s offer. The project also provides for the purchase of equipment for cultural activities.
The main goal of the project is to regenerate the infrastructure of the Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź. This effort has been undertaken to accomplish the global objective connected with the protection of cultural heritage and development of the cultural resources in the country. Directly, the project aims to contribute to the protection, preservation, and dissemination of cultural heritage and to promote cultural education through the extension and major repair of the building of the Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź.
Economic and social effects of the project:
- increase in the number of visitors, including the number of tourists, to the museum
- preservation of cultural and historical heritage of the region, raising awareness and building local bonds
- elimination of barriers for the disabled
- dissemination of knowledge about the EU through promotional and information activities within the project
- innovative educational programmes targeting various age and social groups not only in Łódź but from all over the region and from other parts of the country: practical implementation of the idea of an open and participatory museum
- reduction of CO2 emission and the reduction of the overall maintenance cost of facilities
- development of professional space for the cooperation between artists and researchers through the regeneration of historical premises.
Total value: 18 279 162,50 PLN
Project funded under the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020.
Subsidy from the European Regional Development Fund: 12 242 057,00 PLN
Project start and finish dates: 01.01.2014 – 31.12.2018
Project subsidised also by the Marshal Office of the Łódź Voivodeship
Any irregularity or misappropriation of funds detected or suspected in the course of the project titled Revitalisation of Infrastructure of Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź – Gdańska 43 shall be reported to the following e-mail addresses firstname.lastname@example.org, naduzycia.POIS@mir.gov.pl or using the following special form
For more information on reporting irregularities in projects financed under the financial perspective 2014-2020 see here