Slow Art Day 2018
Research shows that an average visitor to a museum spends only eight seconds in front of each piece. For this reason, Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź will once again take part in the celebrations of the Slow Art Day that has been organized since 2011. This is an annual social event aimed at showing that museum collections can be contemplated without haste or any specialized preparation or background. On this April Saturday at 12:00, museums and galleries throughout Poland will offer their visitors a chance to have a closer look at five chosen objects from their collections. There will be a museum member at each work-piece who will ask the visitors questions, motivating them to reflect on what they see and to gain the courage to independently search for answers. Their task will be to show the participants of the Slow Art Day that a museum object can become a source of inspiration. This part of the Slow Art Day is designed to take an hour. Then the participants will be invited to a short meeting and discussion during which they will have a chance to share their impressions.
The list of works presented at the event:
1. Bridget Riley ”Circle of Acceleration”, 1961
2. Elżbieta Jabłońska ”Helping”, 2013
3. Derek Boshier "Spaceman (The most Handsome Hero of the Cosmos and Mr. Shepard)”, 1962
4. Leon Chwistek "Merry-go-Round (March of Troops through a Park, Carts)", 1936
5. Hüseyin Bahri Alptekin ”Heimat-toprak”, 2001